Sunday, April 20, 2008

It wasn't easy!


Dear Sonia,

Well, girl, it wasn't easy, but you're here! Welcome! And happy birthday! April 19, 2008! Quite a historical birthday, considering it was that date that Paul Revere was yelling about on his famous ride the night before! We had plenty of warning about you, too!

Your poor mom. She had to push and push for 2 hours! You kept slipping sideways. And the doctor would right you, and your mom would push and you'd slip sideways again! As a result, you apparently have a huge cone head. You can't tell in your debut photo, though. So all is well.

Your Great Auntie P told me this morning that the women in our family have to work hard for their babies. Apparently! Your birth and mine were both a thing of adventure. I'll tell you the story of my birth one day and we can swap war stories! That'll be fun!

You scared your mom and dad a bit in the delivery room, from what I've heard, but then you cried out and let everyone know you had arrived. I can't believe how cute you are. I mean, I thought maybe you'd be cute, but I wasn't sure. Not all babies are, and another story for another time is how your mom struggled in the looks department when she was tiny. But, Sonia, you are just unbelieveably adorable. Your little round face is so cute and all that hair! You sort of look like an anime character! (Which is cool because Speed Racer is gonna be the big summer movie this year - the year you were born!)

Thank goodness I decided to come to meet you in June instead of waiting for when you come to Boston for Uncle S & Auntie K's wedding in August. What was I thinking? I took one look at your face in the photo daddy sent and fell straight into love with you. I didn't expect to love you this much so quickly. I can't imagine how much your mom and dad must love you.

Well, chick. This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I think Aunts are just one of the best things around. And you got yourself a kick-ass one, I have to say.

More later, girly, as the week unfolds. You are just shy of 12 hours old. Keep on keepin' on. We love you.

Love,

Auntie K

No comments: